Thursday, July 26, 2007
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
On to finished objects, I have now finished my third pair of socks.(I think these classify as socks) The Twinkletoes are finished and have been added to Angelina's dress up box. Although these knit up pretty quick, I didn't really enjoy doing them as much as I thought I would.
Pattern: Twinkletoes - Knitty Winter 2006
Yarn: Rowan Calmer in Chiffon (this color has been discontinued, I bought mine here.)
Needles: Plymouth US6 DPNs
Modifications: I would make the tie strings longer, so that they dangle a bit after they are tied.
Sunday, July 22, 2007
You signed up on June 23, 2007
You are #10664 on the list.
4217 people are ahead of you in line.
8937 people are behind you in line.
32% of the list has been invited so far
Speaking of things that I'm waiting for. I am patiently awaiting for my pals for the Hogwarts sock swap and for the Yarn Dye swap. Along with this should be my invite for Sp11, although it sounds like they have a lot of people to invite and I'm not the only one who hasn't received one yet. Hopefully soon.
Now I'm off to knit ;)
Our cat wants to get the hamster SO bad. She tries to do this every time we take the hamster out to play. And no she doesn't get close enough to hurt him.
I made blueberry peach cobbler this weekend. It was so good.
Off to work on the stole
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
- What Hogwarts house have you been sorted into: I have been sorted into the Ravenclaw House
- Shoe size: US 8
- Foot Length: 9 1/2"
- Foot Circumference: 8 1/4"
- List your three favorite double point needle brands, including size and length:
a) Clover Bamboo US 2 - 7"
b) Brittany Birch US 1 - 7"
c) Lantern Moon US 2 - 5"
- Would you try to a new needle brand? If so what brand? Length? Size? I have been wanting to try the Blue Sky Alpacas US 2, although they have been a little hard to come by
- If you are a RAVENCLAW, do you prefer the colors in the film or book? Do you have a strong preference? I like the colors from the book better
- Allergies? Do you have any? Will your knitting be exposed to smoke or animals? I don't have any allergies, I do have a cat that likes to inspect my knitting from time to time. Although all projects are kept in my project bag when I'm not working on them
- Are you and international participant (outside US)? Are you willing to have an international Hogwarts Sock Swap Pal? I am not an international participant, but would be willing to have one
Just a reminder that sign ups started on the 14 of July and will close on July 30. Go here if you want to join, but hurry they will close sign ups once they get 150 participants.
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Print O' Wave update: I have finished 40 of my edge border repeats with only 40 more to go. YEAH!!!
I have joined yet another Sock Swap! This one would be the Hogwarts Sock Swap and I have been sorted into the Ravenclaw House. I am excited to finally be part of all the Harry Potter action that has been going on. Now I just need to wait for my pal and then I can go shopping. By the way, I did just finish the first book so I am a little behind on what all is going on with HP, but I'm working on catching up.
Here are some pictures that Angelina took when we went to the Aquarium on Friday. ( I forgot to post them last time)
Monday, July 16, 2007
Thursday, July 12, 2007
This would be Knit Picks Palette in Salsa Heather and Cream. I think that I'm going to download the pattern this afternoon so that I can have something different to work on. We'll see, I might get a burst of energy for the stole.
I am hoping that the other order that I placed to Knit Picks will get here soon. It has the yarn needed for the Knitty KAL and a poncho for Angelina. Not that I really need any more projects to work on. I just like knowing that I have everything I need if I decide to work on them.
I changed the pattern and yarn for the Sock it to Me pals socks. I was going to do the Bayerische Socks in Lang, but then decided that I may have bitten off more then I can knit. So I went pattern hunting again, and came up with this instead. Seduction Socks from Interweave Knits Spring 2007 issue. After finding my new pattern, I went on Etsy to find some beautiful hand dyed yarn. And low and behold I found thank ewe. They sell hand dyed superwash merino and 100% merino yarn in all weights for very reasonable prices. So to make sure that I didn't change my mind again, I went ahead and order 1 skein for my pals socks and 2 for me. I'll post pictures as soon as my yummy yarn gets here.
Well back to the knitting for me
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Friday, July 6, 2007
- What are your foot measurements? Shoe size: US8 Length: 9 1/2" Circumference: 8 1/4"
- How long have you been knitting? How would you rate your experience? I have been knitting since I was in grade school, although I just started to seriously knit about 6 months ago. I would probably rate my knitting experience at intermediate
- What is your favorite color? Your least favorite color? I love pink and brown, my least favorite color is anything bright.
- Do you have a favorite fiber? What type? Anything soft
- Do you have any allergies to certain fibers? No
- Do you have an Amazon, or other type of, wishlist? (If so, provide the link.) Not at the moment
- What techniques, if any, would you like to learn? Steeking and Fair Isle
- Do you have a sweet tooth? What are your favorite snacks? I love Reese Peanut Butter Cups
- What is your family situation? (Children, Husband, Pets...etc.) I am married to an awesome Army Guy and we have a 4 year old daughter
- Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Metal, plastic or wood? I prefer straight bamboo needles
- Besides socks, what are your favorite items to knit? I like sweaters and stoles
- Is there a pattern, (sock or otherwise), that you are dying to try? Eunny Jangs "Anemoi Mittens"
- Do you like to read? What are you reading currently? I love reading! Right now I'm in the middle of John Steinbeck's "The Grapes of Wrath" and I'm wanting to start the first Harry Potter book (I know I'm way behind)
- Do you collect music? (On an iPod or MP3 player.) I collect music for my iPod
- What kind of music do you listen to? Country, Rap and the Top 20
- Is there anything you collect? Willow Tree figurines and Candles
- What are your hobbies, aside from knitting? Cooking, reading, tennis and movies
- Are you participating in any other swaps or knit alongs? The Mystery Stole 3 and the Christmas KAL and I just joined the Knitty KAL
- Do you have a favorite scent? Magnolia Blossom (Bath & Body Works)
- When is your birthday? (You don't have to add the year if you don't want to, LOL.) March 9th, 1982
Wednesday, July 4, 2007
When I got home last night, I was very happy to find that the yarn that ordered off ebay had arrived. I ordered 3 balls of Rowan Cashsoft DK and 2 balls of Rowan Calmer. My plan is to use these to make caps for the Caps for a Cure group that I joined a while ago. I had two patterns in mind when I ordered this yarn. For the Cashsoft DK this pattern and with the Calmer this pattern. Hopefully I can get something that I'm working on finished so that I can get these on my needles.
I also had a package from Crafters Choice with my introductory books. These are the first knitting books that I have bought. I am really excited about the Debbie Bliss Family Knits book. It has a couple of patterns that I would like to try for myself and there's a Fair Isle Cardigan pattern for Angelina that I am dying to try. I will refrain until I have most of my other projects done. (most)