Thursday, July 12, 2007

Monotonous Knitting

I am taking a much needed break from knitting the edging border on the Print O' Wave Stole. It's going pretty quickly, but it's boring. I am doing a 16-row repeat 80 times. If thats not monotonous I don't know what is. I have a couple of pics of the border that I took while taking my break.







The only change that I have made to the pattern (other then adding the decrease to fix the edging) is adding beads to the border. I am addicted to beading, since the MS3 calls for it, so I decided to try it on this stole also. And I think that it looks pretty good.

I got a small order from Knit Picks yesterday. It had the yarn I ordered for the Anemoi Mittens that are on my Christmas KAL.

This would be Knit Picks Palette in Salsa Heather and Cream. I think that I'm going to download the pattern this afternoon so that I can have something different to work on. We'll see, I might get a burst of energy for the stole.

I am hoping that the other order that I placed to Knit Picks will get here soon. It has the yarn needed for the Knitty KAL and a poncho for Angelina. Not that I really need any more projects to work on. I just like knowing that I have everything I need if I decide to work on them.

I changed the pattern and yarn for the Sock it to Me pals socks. I was going to do the Bayerische Socks in Lang, but then decided that I may have bitten off more then I can knit. So I went pattern hunting again, and came up with this instead. Seduction Socks from Interweave Knits Spring 2007 issue. After finding my new pattern, I went on Etsy to find some beautiful hand dyed yarn. And low and behold I found thank ewe. They sell hand dyed superwash merino and 100% merino yarn in all weights for very reasonable prices. So to make sure that I didn't change my mind again, I went ahead and order 1 skein for my pals socks and 2 for me. I'll post pictures as soon as my yummy yarn gets here.

Well back to the knitting for me

2 comments:

Miss Me said...

love the beading in the edging. very pretty! i love beadknitting, too - i find the sliding of the beads soothing... weird? probably...

Hunter said...

Love the beads added to the Wave shawl. Gorgeous!