Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Twinkle Twinkle Little Toes

As you can see I have cast on and finished one Twinkletoes from Knitty using Rowan Calmer. These were supposed to be a Christmas present for Angelina, but when she saw me knitting them there was no waiting. This is why they don't fit as snug as they are supposed to. After I got past the initial frustrations of doing wrap and turn rows they knit up quite quickly. I'm not sure why, but I just couldn't wrap my head around what I was supposed to be picking up when I came back by the stitches that were wrapped. I did eventually figure it out after frogging 3 or 4 times, and then sleeping on it. I have used a short row method before, but it was a yarn over method. I'm thinking the next pair will use this method, but I did learn something new.

Print O' Wave update: I have finished 40 of my edge border repeats with only 40 more to go. YEAH!!!

I have joined yet another Sock Swap! This one would be the Hogwarts Sock Swap and I have been sorted into the Ravenclaw House. I am excited to finally be part of all the Harry Potter action that has been going on. Now I just need to wait for my pal and then I can go shopping. By the way, I did just finish the first book so I am a little behind on what all is going on with HP, but I'm working on catching up.

Here are some pictures that Angelina took when we went to the Aquarium on Friday. ( I forgot to post them last time)
Finding Nemo


Spikey Crab

This is my favorite, I love how beautiful jellyfish are

No comments: