Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Back from Vacation

How exciting to be back at home. I love going home to visit all our family, but there's just something about coming back home that I love. Our trip to and from Georgia was good, long, but good. We had an awesome time visiting all my husbands family and some of our old friends. The trip to Busch Gardens was a little disappointing. The first day that we went, we weren't there but 3 hours and it just started down pouring. So the park gave us rain check tickets, and we called it a day. We went back the next day, and after about 2 hours, again with the rain. So that was it for Busch Gardens. We were all so tired and hot that we just drove back to Thomasville to relax.

My husband celebrated his birthday right before we left for our trip, so while we were there he got his first tattoo for his present. Here it is:

He just got it 3 days ago, so it still has some healing time left. But I think it looks awesome.

I started a new project while we were away. I needed something that was really easy and didn't have a pattern to follow, so that I could knit while the family talked at night. So I found some of Lion Brands new yarn "Cotton Ease" on sale and started a cardigan for Angelina for Christmas.(This will be added to the Christmas KAL) I'm using Cotton Ease in Berry, Lime and Lake and the pattern can be found here. I think that this will look really cute on Angelina, and the yarn is so soft that I know she will wear it.

MS3... I finished the first clue last Wednesday, but forgot to take a picture. So here's a picture of clue 1 and what I have done so far of clue 2. The thin white line that is running across the stole is my lifeline and where clue 1 finished. I love how this is turning out! You can't tell from the picture, but the purple beads that I'm using look awesome with the sage yarn. This will be perfect for my grandmothers Christmas present.



When I got home last night, I was very happy to find that the yarn that ordered off ebay had arrived. I ordered 3 balls of Rowan Cashsoft DK and 2 balls of Rowan Calmer. My plan is to use these to make caps for the Caps for a Cure group that I joined a while ago. I had two patterns in mind when I ordered this yarn. For the Cashsoft DK this pattern and with the Calmer this pattern. Hopefully I can get something that I'm working on finished so that I can get these on my needles.


I also had a package from Crafters Choice with my introductory books. These are the first knitting books that I have bought. I am really excited about the Debbie Bliss Family Knits book. It has a couple of patterns that I would like to try for myself and there's a Fair Isle Cardigan pattern for Angelina that I am dying to try. I will refrain until I have most of my other projects done. (most)



Hmmm, let's see... the Sock it to Me swap. We got our secret pals this past week, I am so excited to get started on this. I think that I'm going to use Eunny Jang's Bayerische Sock for my pattern and Lang Jawoll in color 0060 (red). I know that the pattern is really complicated, but I like a challenge and the socks are so awesome. I will probably order the yarn this weekend so that I can get started on those, since the deadline is earlier then Christmas. This is so much fun :)

No comments: