Thursday, August 30, 2007

If at first you don't succeed...

Frog, frog again. That right there has been the story of the past week or so in my knitting life. The red yarn that I dyed up for my SITM socks, has been knitted and frogged about 5 times in the past week. For some reason red seems to be a hard color to find a pattern for. Every time I thought that I found the perfect pattern, I would get ready to start the heel and the pattern wouldn't be showing up. So I am now on my 6th try and these ones are going pretty good. I'm doing Baudelaire by Cookie A, I love knitting this pattern. It is complicated enough to keep it interesting, but yet with it being a 8 row repeat, it's pretty easy to memorize. Here's a pic of my progress as of last night, although I am a little further along now, just finished turning the heel. This pic makes the yarn look a little on the orange side, but I assure you it is red.

And then there shall be more frogging...MS3. Since Melanie posted the theme, I have had a love hate relationship with this project. Hence the reason that I haven't finished it yet. Well that and I made a mistake at the beginning of Clue 6 and didn't realise this until I had finished the clue. So I had to frog the whole clue to fix it, and because of this I lost my motivation to finish it. And then, last night I was laying in bed trying to get to sleep, and my brain just wouldn't stop running through all my WIPs. So I decided to get up, since I wasn't going to be able to sleep, and see if I could work on some of them. Out came MS3, I frogged, fixed the stupid mistake that I made, and am almost done Clue 6, again. I am thinking that I should be able to finish it this weekend and get it blocked out. Here's hoping.


Hanami KAL starts tomorrow, and I am very excited about this. Partly because the pattern is so beautiful, but mostly because it's for me. I ordered my yarn on Tuesday and it got here today. Can you guess where I ordered from? That's right the Loopy Ewe. Sherri outdoes herself with customer service. Yummy yarn, good prices, and quick ass service. It really doesn't get any better then that. Oh wait it does, she puts little goodies in with your order. How sweet is that. Here is my Lane Borgosesia Cashwool in Black for Hanami, a couple of yarn samples, and some little sock note cards.

And last but not least. I got my Ravelry invite today, but since Rachel gave me her extra one, I now have an extra one. So I will also gift mine away, as Rachel did for me. If you want to leave me a comment, I'll send you the link.

Have a great Labor Day weekend.

3 comments:

VR said...

Peaceangel, your baudelaire looks gorgeous! If you haven't yet gifted the invite to anyone, I would love to take you up on it. My email is soxnsalsaATgmailDOTcom. Thanks and have fun knitting Hanami!

Anonymous said...

I think you've finally found the right pattern for the lovely red yarn. I'm sure your pal will love them. I had to start several times and with several patterns before I found the right combination, too...but then my socks are for you, and I wanted them to be just right!

Anonymous said...

Your baudelaire is beautiful. I might have to venture into that one. I just missed getting into the monkey sock swap :( But I hope that you have tons of fun. I'll be back to see what else you're up to.