Tuesday, August 14, 2007

End of the Wave

I have finished the Print O' Wave Stole! I cast off yesterday morning and had it blocking for the rest of the day. I love how it turned out, and am glad to have a project off the needles and in the finished pile.





Pattern: Print O' Wave Stole
Yarn: Knit Picks Shadow in Vineyard (3 skeins)
Needles: US 4 - Clover 24" circular
Modifications: I followed the pattern, but if I do it again I'm going to knit the center panel all in one piece. I like the idea of the mirrored panels, but I don't like the seam that you get in the center where you join the 2 panels.

These are for you mom...

I'm a little further along now, just about to do the heel. This yarn (Plymouth Sockotta #5612) is all the fun of color work with none of the work. I think I might pick up another ball in this same color for myself. I'm also trying to find color #605, unfortunately my LYS doesn't carry this color, maybe I can find it online.

5 comments:

Knitted Bookworm said...

Your stole is absolutely gorgeous!

jessica said...

Wow what a beautiful stole! I don't think I'd have the patients for something like that :o)

I really like that sock yarn too!

Anonymous said...

Hey!
It's your secret pal!
Just wanted to stop by and leave a quick hello.
And by the way your stole is beautiful.
XD

Lesley said...

Your stole is breathtaking. I hope someday to be able to do something like that.

Great job :D

Heather said...

Great job on your stole...it looks abosolutly lovely!