Monday, August 20, 2007

Hand Dyed Yarn

What a frustrating weekend of knitting! Everything that I started working on just wouldn't work out. I broke one of my US1 while trying on my mom's sock to see how it was fitting. Which stinks because I need all 5 of the needles to finish my other Hogwarts socks. So that project is on hold. I made it to the heel on my moms sock, and I'm not sure if I like how its turning out, so back in the basket it goes so that I can think about it. And I had to frog back to the beginning of clue 6 for MS3, and no matter how many times I try to fix that, it just keeps on messing up. Ugh!









Happier news...I finished my dyeing for the Hand Dyed Yarn Swap. So that package went in the mail on Friday, should be there today or tomorrow. I'll post pics as soon as she gets it. Here is a pic of some extra yarn I dyed for myself. It's called "Circus", it's much more colorful in person. And one that I dyed for my SITM socks. Called "Shades of Red", it is slightly variegated shades of red.

I also cast on my SITM socks last night, and they are coming along quite nicely. I decided to use the "Uptown Boot Socks" from Favorite Socks with my own hand dyed yarn. The pattern looks classic and is easy to memorize. I'm loving it. This pic is not capturing the cable pattern or the color very well, but in person it looks pretty good.

2 comments:

AJ said...

Keitha, the yarn you dyed is absolutely gorgeous! Sorry to hear about your broken needle, but you never have too many US 1's you know?! :)

knitphomaniac said...

I love the colours in your dyed yarn! nice work!