Monday, August 13, 2007

FO's

I'm back! Not that I physically went anywhere, but I've had a busy couple of weeks so my blogging has been very spotty. During my blogging absence I have been knitting. I have a couple of FO's to show off, first up... Pattern:Seduction Socks(Interweave Spring 2007)
Yarn:Kiwi Lemonade - thankewe
Needles:US 2 - KA
Modifications:None, I love this whole pattern. It knit up so quick and the socks fit perfectly.

Pattern:On Your Toes Socks(Interweave Summer 2007)

Yarn:Kiwi Lemonade - thankewe

Needles:US 2 - KA

Modifications:This was my first attempt at toe-up socks, and while I like the toe and being able to have Angelina try them on while I knit, I don't like the heel. I tried the suggested short-row heel, and ended up with a lot of holes on my short row heel. So I switched to the heel from here, and ended up with less holes. Still not impressed with it though. I think if I could figure out how to change the heel to what I normally do I would like this way of doing socks.



I forgot to post the theme of MS3, but as everyone probably knows by now that the theme is Swan Lake. I spent some time debating about how I wanted to finish the stole, and in the end went with the original design. Melanie designed this asymmetrical, with a pointed pendant on one end and a wing on the other. She did give directions on how to finish the stole symmetrical, but it was designed with a wing. So I waited to see how the wing was turning out on others stoles and decided that it looked beautiful. So I have finished Clue 5 & 6, with only one week to go I can't wait to see this pattern blocked. My grandmother is going to love this.

I also started my Hogwarts sock. This turned out to be more difficult then I had first thought. I had picked out what I had hoped would be the perfect pattern, Fred and George Socks. But after a few inches of denial, I finally admitted that I could hear bees in the background. Even though I chose a charcoal instead of black, they were still looking like bumblebees. Oh well, back to the pattern searching, and I found the new pattern that looks nothing like bees. I cast on and finished the first sock this weekend, I think that the colors with the pattern look quite nice.


Well, I'm off to do some dying for my Hand Dyed Yarn Swap and for SITM, hoping to have this done in the next few days. After that I have big plans to finish the Print O' Wave Stole(the rest of the yarn came in the other day), and get it pinned out on the blocking board.

No comments: