Tuesday, October 9, 2007

F**k the Mittens

Do you sense my frustration? I finished the first Anemoi Mitten and it looks awesome. The problem is still getting them on, it's possible, just not easy(really NOT easy). So these are going away in the to be scraped pile while I try and figure out what to do for this persons Christmas present. I have also been working on my Cabletini socks. I am so in love with everything about these, the yarn, the needles(my Sox Stix), and most of all the pattern. The mini cables are awesome and easy to memorize, and I finally found a toe-up pattern that has the reinforced heel that I love so much.
We also went pumpkin picking this weekend, which was a fun experience. The pumpkin farm had corn mazes, bouncy houses and goat feeding...Angelina had a blast with all the activities. We ended up with 5 large pumpkins, 3 small and 2 mini. We spent most of Sunday carving 3 of the pumpkins into a scary face, a cat, and some bats. We are now all set for Halloween, except for the candy, but that can be easily obtained.
Angelina hard at work carving her 1st pumpkin
The end results

The family of pumpkins (scary face, Boo w/ bats & a cat)

Last night the Loopy Ewe had a sneak up and so far I have resisted temptation, although its been very difficult since there are a couple of things that I am really coveting.
Fleece Artist - Stone
Yarn Love - Contentment Yarn Love - Darling

Hopefully I'll be able to indulge fairly soon, until then I'll just look.

P.S. My new Knit Picks Sock needles came in tonight, they are really nice. I finally broke down and bought metal needles since every time I pick up a pair of socks to knit I break at least one needle. So the money that I was spending (plus the breaks easily factor)made me think that maybe bamboo wasn't really for me.

1 comment:

Rowena Hopkirk said...

Oh, please don't frog the mitten! It's so beautiful! Knit another & give to Mittens for Akkol (orphans in Kazakhstan), or send me the mitten & yarn and I'll find someone to knit the other one (or knit it myself, it looks fun). That's too much work, and too beautiful to frog!