Monday, October 1, 2007

Finally Motivation Strikes

Thanks goodness for new needles. Because I just couldn't wait to use my new Sox Stix, I cast the Anemoi Mittens once again. And this time they worked! I figured out that the problem wasn't the needle size, but that I was pulling the CC way to tight across the back. Because all of the colorwork was so tight in the back, it was pulling the ribbing in and not letting it stretch out at all. So now I'm making a conscious effort to keep all the colorwork very loose, and it's working beautifully. Thank you to all of those that left me suggestions or encouragement with the Anemoi Mittens, I really appreciate the feedback.The monkeys are driving me crazy. I finished blocking the Monkey sock for my pal, it is definitely way too small. So after another trip to my LYS I pick up some ToFutsies in 10 Foot Tall and started again. I upped my needle size to a US2 and it seems to be helping quite a bit. The real test though is when I get down to the heel and gusset, that's were the sizing problem seems to happen. My fingers are crossed though. I also picked up these while at the LYS.
SWTC ToFutsies in Toot Toot for either a pair of Cabletini or Pomatomus

Trekking XXL in Greys for a pair of Vanilla Socks for DH

No comments: