Monday, September 10, 2007

Monday's WIPs

So it's Monday, the beginning of a brand new week. And I think I've done pretty good with staying on top of my projects this week. Although I did notice something different...I have different projects for different times of the day/week. To show progress I'm going to break it up into knitting times.
Weekdays
I finished the first sock (SITM Baudelaire socks) last week and cast on for the second one over the weekend. This seems to be my go to knitting during the day. It is easy to pick up and knit a round here or there, and it fits in my purse. I am very pleased with how these are turning out. For the pattern looking so complicated it is very easy to memorize, and knits up fairly quickly.





Weeknights
This is something that I hadn't planned on starting yet, but I needed a break from all the lace and socks. I present to you, pieces of the Unicorn. This is from the book Dream Toys by Claire Garland. I think I cast this on last Tuesday night and I finished knitting all the pieces last night, so all that's left is sewing it together and stuffing it. A very easy and cute knit, and I have something else from my Christmas list almost finished. *A note about the pattern: Since I substituted Cashsoft DK for Plymouth Dreambaby, I'm not sure how the yardage would normally work out. But using Dreambaby I only used 1 of the 4 balls needed. (Mine is still in a hundred pieces, so this is a pic from the book)



Weekends
This would be the time that I work on whatever lace project I am currently working on. At the moment that would be Hanami. I have finished the first 4 of the 7 repeats, so I'm staying on track with the KAL, and once you get into the basket weave groove they seem to go pretty quickly. I am very loving this stole, it's so beautiful and soft. Yummy!!(I would post a pic, but it looks the same as last week just alittle longer.)

That's it for my current WIPs, I'm very happy with the progress that I've made in the past week. Hopefully this week will be just as productive. On a final note...I picked up this book over the weekend. And so to bed by Lucinda Guy, this book has some of the cutest patterns for children. Have you seen Otto the Owl or Lula or the little Ballerina Bunny. I can't wait to make up some of these.








Otto the Owl

Lula

Ballerina Bunny



Have a great week!

1 comment:

Lesley said...

I saw that book at my LYS and thought it was just fabulous!

That unicorn is amazing, great job :D