Monday, September 17, 2007

And then there were two

I finished my Baudelaire socks last night. I think they turned out great...the measurements are right on, the pattern shows up great, and the color of the yarn works really well with the pattern. All in all a successful knit.

Pattern: Baudelaire by Cookie A

Yarn: My Own Hand Dyed

Needle: US 2 - Brittany Birch 5"

We went apple and strawberry picking this weekend, what a fun family outing that was. We picked 22lbs of apples and 2lbs of strawberries. The strawberries were out of this world, I have never tasted anything as naturally sweet as those. And so far the apples have turned into 2 apple pies and I still have plenty of apples for applesauce.

I also got to stop by Micheals while we were out on Saturday and picked up this. It's a Knitpickers small project bag. I had been thinking about making myself one for my socks, but I couldn't beat the price and I had a coupon.(Can you guess what socks I'm work on now)

That's about it for this past week. I've been trying to be good and get all my sock swap socks all knitted up so that I can start sending out projects. So far I'm doing pretty good, and hopefully by the end of this week I'll have the mate to the above sock finished.

1 comment:

Jen C said...

THank You thank you thank you for the most gorgeous and soft and I almost started crying socks in this world. Pics will be up this afternoon. Thank You so much, you are the best.