Monday, June 25, 2007

Weekend Knitting

4 days and counting till the first clue to the Mystery Stole. I changed my mind on the yarn, I went ahead and ordered Zephyr in Sage from http://www.sarahsyarns.com/. I'm hoping that it will get here in time for me to do a swatch before Friday. My fingers are crossed. My other hope is that the pattern will be appropriate for a Christmas gift for my grandmother. I had started a Lace Leaf Shawl in Louet Milan in Lichen. I'm not sure if its the yarn I don't like or if I've done too much frogging and so I don't like the pattern anymore. Either way, I'm thinking of ripping out and starting over, so hopefully the MS3 will work out.
I have been knitting like crazy this weekend. I finished the first half of the center of the Print O' Wave Stole. No mistakes!!! I have been so careful with watching the pattern repeats that I can proudly say that this piece is perfect.

I love how the waves show up so much

I also cast on the second half and have finished one repeat so far this morning. If I can keep this half as perfect as the last, I will be very happy. I can't wait to have this finished, so I can block this baby out.


Other news...We are getting ready to go back to Georgia for the 4th of July week, to visit my husbands parents. We are very excited about this. He hasn't seen his parents since last June, so it should be tons of fun. Plus lots of travel time=lots of knitting time. :)

No comments: